Well we’ve had an incredible month of September:
- We celebrated Jane Addams’ 150th birthday and the reopening of our museum with a civic ceremony in Daley Plaza and a People’s Block Party next to the museum. Over 450 people came through the museum in just a few hours!
- We welcomed Louise Knight and Lisa Dodson to the museum to discuss their fantastic new books.
- We trained six museum educators to give tours.
- We offered 25 guided tours to student and professional groups.
- We opened a brand new gift shop.
- We harvested 30 pumpkins and squash from the Heirloom Farm.
- We had almost 2000 visitors come through the museum this month.
We are exhausted! Truly though, this has been an exciting time for the museum. Here are a few reactions to the new exhibits:
- From university instructor Mama PhD
- From historic preservationist Vince Michael
- From Wendy Pollock of MuseumFiles
Did you visit the museum this month? Give us your review!
Re-thinking Soup (weekly)
SEX+++ Documentary Film Series (2nd Tuesdays)
Farmer’s Market (through October)